Responsibilities and Selection Process of the Editorial Board:
The editor-in-chief appoints the editorial Board with input from the publisher to ensure high professionalism and expertise from diverse geographic zones . Periodically, Every 2 to 3 years, the Editorial Board experiences a thorough evaluation. During this process, members may either renew their service for another term or retire. Additionally, new members may have the opportunity to join the Board. This process ensures that the Board remains up to date, with a fresh perspective, and comprises individuals committed to our organization’s goals and objectives. Occasionally, specific alterations occur between different editions, such as when a member decides to step down from their position.
The Editorial Board comprises various distinguished positions, including the Member of the Editorial Board, Associate Editor, Section Editor, Regional Editor, Associate Editor, General Editor, and Editor-in-Chief. These positions are responsible for ensuring the publication’s quality and integrity.
Selection Process of the Editorial Board:
The Editorial Board must include members from diverse geographic locations to enhance the journal  . The establishment of a thriving journal necessitates the presence of a reliable and unwavering editorial committee. All potential candidates shall obtain a comprehensive overview of the assigned accountability. In addition, the editorial Board shall offer voluntary, unpaid responsibilities/accountabilities.
The journal provides an opportunity to be part of the editorial Board by submitting the membership form, which allows interested individuals to express their interest and qualifications for serving on the Board. It also provides the journal with a means of selecting candidates who can contribute to the publication’s mission and goals. The membership form should be completed and submitted promptly and professionally, with careful attention paid to the information provided and the requirements for eligibility. By submitting a membership form, individuals can demonstrate their commitment to the field and willingness to contribute to advancing knowledge and research in their area of expertise.
- Editors: The size of the Board may change annually, depending on various factors. The editors are selected based on expertise, applicability, outstanding research metrics, geographical diversity, and recognition in significant organizations/institutions.
- Editorial Board Members: It is possible to appoint editorial board members from a pool of peer reviewers, guest editors, past authors, or contenders recommended by the Board.
Editorial Board Responsibilities:
As an editor, upholding the highest ethical standards by avoiding subjective, economic, or associations that could interfere with your commitments is essential, which applies whether you are a Regional Editor, Associate Editor, General Editor, or Editor-in-Chief. Doing so ensures that your work is always fair, unbiased, and of the highest quality for the audience. Adhering to this principle establishes trust and credibility and ensures that the work produced is unbiased, impartial, and high-quality. As the responsible editor for the journal’s editorial content, you must establish and maintain the scope of the content, establish policies for authorship and article submission, and ensure that the evaluation process is fair and efficient for all articles, regardless of whether they are accepted or rejected. It requires high professionalism and expertise to maintain the quality of the journal’s content. You must use formal language throughout your work, avoid contractions, and ensure that your writing is clear, concise, and error-free to maintain the professionalism required for a business or academic setting.
In the course of editorial board duties, it is essential to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the articles, make well-informed determinations and stand with them when necessary, ensures the quality of research, address errors and misconduct, defend editorial autonomy , and guarantee the journal’s future success .
The Editor-in-Chief maintains a consistent and ongoing evaluation of the refereeing procedure executed by the Regional Editor, Associate Editor, and General Editor to ensure that it meets the highest quality standards . Moreover, a yearly appraisal of the Associate Editor team’s proficiency is steered to confirm alignment with current submissions and research directions. These evaluations ensure that the editorial team maintains high expertise and professionalism in their work.
The General Editor, nominated by the Editor-in-Chief, oversees the journal’s day-to-day activities and holds the ultimate power to accept or reject the articles. The General Editor oversees the peer-review process, ensures that all submissions meet the journal’s standards, and collaborates closely with the Editorial Board to confirm timely publication of approved articles.
The Associate Editor manages the processing of articles under the journal’s scope and publishing ethics, which includes overseeing the peer-review process, developing journal strategy, facilitating communication between reviewers and editors, and providing feedback on revised submissions. The Associate Editor also ensures that all submissions meet the journal’s quality, accuracy, and relevance standards. An Associate Editor may have similar responsibilities as a General Editor.
The Regional Editor’s responsibilities are akin to those of an Associate Editor but with a focus on assignments primarily concentrated within specified geographical regions.
The Section Editors are highly proficient specialists who determine their valuable research contributions in their respective fields. The responsibilities of Section Editors encompass framing concise reviews, which should not be more than 500 words or 1 to 2 pages and soliciting renowned professionals to compose brief review reports on the latest advancements in their respective fields with detailed citations to the most recent literature.
The Editorial Board Members comprise a team of proficient researchers  , selected by the Editor-in-Chief in consultation with the journal’s governing body, who possess specialized knowledge in the relevant field and serve for 2-3 years. In scholarly publishing, the professionals who evaluate and assess the quality and accuracy of submitted articles are comprehended as the Editorial Board members or referees . Editorial Board members have a range of responsibilities:
- Perform a comprehensive peer-review of the articles, adhering to the journal’s guidelines and scope. Your expertise and professionalism are essential in ensuring that the published articles meet the expectations of the academic and business communities.
- Organize the publication of thematic issues and provide editorials for the problems associated with their Guest Editorship. These responsibilities require a high level of professionalism and expertise. Board members must ensure that the issues they are responsible for are well-organized and effectively communicate their intended theme. Additionally, they must provide high-quality editorials that accurately reflect the issue’s content and engage readers.
- Facilitate expanding the pool of authors and potential peer reviewers by suggesting suitable candidates and relevant conferences. Also, manage and resolve any conflicts arising during the reviewer selection process.
- Boost the journal among researchers and scholars to increase its reach and impact.
The Editorial Board Associate Members cohort represents a group of enthusiastic and highly motivated young researchers who are beginning their careers and possess exceptional skills in their respective fields . They possess a wealth of knowledge and expertise and are well-qualified to contribute to the success and growth of the journal. Their unique perspectives and innovative ideas make them valuable assets to our team, and we look forward to working closely with them to achieve our shared goals. The Associate Members who pledge their support and commitment to the journal are eligible for a 2–3-year nomination. The Editor-In-Chief can extend the nomination of the Associate Members through mutual agreement.
- Being members of the Editorial Board, you are responsible for meticulously reviewing all submitted articles following the journal’s established scope and policies.
- Additionally, Being members of the Editorial Board, you are tasked with actively seeking out reviews and submissions of articles and may introduce new articles to the journal for consideration.
- International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) – Journal Owners and Editorial Freedom
- COPE: Editorial board participation
- WAME: Syllabus for Prospective and Newly Appointed Editors
- Strictly inherited to the Editorial and Publishing Policies of Blue Eyes Intelligence Engineering and Sciences Publication (BEIESP)